Welcome to the ridiculousness that is my random life:
Thursday things! A compilation of totally irrelevant, irreverent, and random things. Because I know that you totally want to know all this stuff. Really, you do.
1. I am utter crap at turning my brain off in savasana. Like, I’ll be laying there going “oooh this is good I’m not thinking! Look at me, being a boss in savasana, like a not thinking boss..” and then I realize that there’s this subconscious little stream of thought going on the whole time about random crap. WTF brain?! Can’t you see I’m savasing?? Sheesh. You’d think my own train of thought could give me a break for all of five minutes.
2. Stupidly obsessed with Mad Men. Why won’t they tell me when it’s coming back?! For that matter, why isn’t it on NOW?
3. I just made cookies. But only two. And all for me. Because I went to Whole Foods in search of a gf/vegan cookie…and. they. FAILED. So I made my own, which were infinitely better and cheaper, as per usual. I think I just made my own day. Besides, I have to power up before bodysculpting class. Duhh. Cookies are clearly an optimal way to do this.
4. I might look like a fool doing the gangnam style dance, but sorry I’m not sorry don’t care! Ridiculously catchy. I’m sure I look especially precious trying to do it in my car at a stoplight…
5. Saturday morning, I will be consuming an egg and english muffin sandwich for breakfast and I. CAN’T. WAIT. The end of the ridiculousness is in sight! Thank god, I don’t think I could take too much more of this, especially since I’m seeing no noticeable differences. Bread and eggs are happening, ideally together, and as soon as possible. That being said, I have developed a newfound appreciation of buckwheat flour.
6. Based on the last few sets of photos I’ve taken, it would appear that I’ve subsisted the last few weeks on cookies. LIES, I promise I’ve eaten some savory stuff… here and there. Oh. And an enormous pile of spaghetti squash.
7. I am now out of cookies. How did this happen?
8. I may be out of cookies, but there are BALLS in my fridge! (hehehe). The recipe is here!
9. My cats are officially adorable.
That’s all.. for now! Muahahha.
Oaty Ginger Cookies
Ever so slightly adapted from Imma Eat That (I freaking love her ideas!). I got 12 cookies. These are excellent with ice cream and peanut butter, juuuust sayin.
- 1 c + 1 tbsp gluten free oats
- 1/3 c raw pecans
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- scant 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp flaxseed+2 tbsp milk bev
- 2 tbsp chocolate chippies
Preheat oven to 350. Make flaxegg by combining flaxseed and milk bev, and let sit while you throw everything else together.
In a food processor, whizzzzz oats, pecans, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, and salt, pulsing until combined into a flourlike consistency. Combine pumpkin puree, molasses, and flaxegg in a smallish bowl. Add wet into dry, stirring to combine. Stir in chippies. Form cookie-like shapes and drop onto a cookies sheet (flattening slightly). Bake for 15ish minutes, then cool on a rack!
4 Replies to “Being out of cookies is a good thing… said absolutely no one, EVER.”
Try BBC’s THE HOUR for a MAD MEN fix. Plus, I know someone who misses cutting kitty toenails……..just saying…..
KIller Cookies Babe!!! And who is that other Babe with Jessie?? HAHA!!!!!
Your favorite from Govy
Hey girl! Thanks for the ‘link love’!! Your cookies look delicious and fluffy. And I’m all over that peanut butter and ice cream idea:))
ooh, you’re so welcome! Thanks for all the awesome inspiration :) And yes: peanut butter is amazing with EVERYTHING!