Hey hey friends!
Short and sweet today – this isn’t so much a recipe as it is a brainchild that actually came to fruition, of which I’m SO pleased and proud. Many of you will have already seen this on my insta, but I’m sharing it here too for blog posterity.
I made a Downton Abbey Pie! I really wasn’t sure I could pull this off and have it translate in pie dough, but somehow it worked. As usual for these crazy, once-a-year pies, this one was my donation to be auctioned off for the benefit of Lamplighters Music Theater at their yearly gala – so many friends, such a fun day! It was Downton Abbey themed and I couldn’t resist.
For those of you interested in the specifics:
- Total renderings for concept design: 2
- Total time: 4 hours
- Top crust design & construction: 2 hours
- Bottom crust crimp & pie assembly: 1 hour
- Bake time: ~shy of 1 hour
- Essential tools: paring knife, bench scraper, rolling pin, hands, crappy pair of scissors
- Amount of blueberries: somewhere close to 4 cups
- Flour usage: just over 2.5 c of whole wheat pastry flour
- Butter usage: just over half a pound
- Refined sugar usage: none, of course!
- Final bid: $65! YAAAY!
- Amount of fun had and creative joy generated: defies description
There you have it!
Pie. The Dowager might think it was chintzy, but I’m happy with it ;)
2 Replies to “Downton Pie”
The Dowager thought it was MAGNIFICENT!
Barbara Heroux firstname.lastname@example.org 415-771-3352
Hahahhaha!!!! Thank you, my lady ❤️