Thanks to Amanda over at Endlessly Creating who nominated me for the Liebster Award! It was definitely a nice surprise, as I usually conveniently forget that I have an audience for this thing, and that it isn’t just my [endearingly] snarky hippie-granola-random anonymous rambles. Invisible internet friends, I love you! Thanks for putting up with me.
The Liebster Award is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers (or just ones that you really like with more followers than you, let’s make this easy, shall we?). There are some rules to follow when you get nominated:
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Post eleven new questions to your recipients
- Post a copy of the badge on your blog (Google image search “Liebster Award”)
- Notify your nominees and include links to the originating blog as well as the new recipients
*I’ll attempt to follow these as specifically as possible, but there may be some margin for adaptability…
Eleven facts about myself.
Hmm. I’ll try to make these things that aren’t readily apparent on my blog [ie. love of sprinkles] Eeek! Here goes:
1. I always played way more with Barbie food than I did with the Barbies themselves. Like, I would get out allll the food and set up the entire kitchen… and then never actually play with the dolls. Who needs dolls when you can have food instead?! I also redecorated the entire inside of my dollhouse, including copious amounts of clay food, hanging doorway beads on safety pins, and chairs that were suspended from the ceiling (doesn’t everyone want one of those?!).
2. I think my favorite food might be really, really, REALLY good ice cream sandwiches.
3. I’ve had 18 teeth pulled. No really. 18. 4 were wisdom teeth. It’s amazing I even have any more left in my face…but in spite of all that nice people still say I have a big smile :) I like smiling! Smiling’s my favorite.
4. I’ve been skiing for 20 years! Downhill only, please, and preferably on my trusty K2 Shuksanne’s (I’m including a picture because a. I love them beyond all reason and b. I went skiing Sunday so I have a recent picture).
5. This year will be my 11th year at Two Sentinels (which is also half my life)! Camp is where the heart is.
6. I’ve climbed Half Dome. I was in seventh grade and carried a backpack that was actually a semi-largeish percentage of my body weight. No big deal.
7. Even though I love baths and I love reading like no other, I have always disliked reading in the tub. What if I dropped my book in there?! It would get totally soaked and then I’d be really sad.
8. I dressed myself in tights, dresses, and patent leather Mary Jane’s throughout preschool and kindergarten. That is, until I discovered the monkey bars in elementary school, figured out I could hang upside-down, and then refused to wear anything remotely resembling a dress without the requisite bike shorts underneath. Ohhh bike shorts. You are SO nineties. Especially because I wore them in fabulous neon colors. Natch.
9. Nancy Drew will always have a special place in my heart. And on my bookshelves (all 56 of them).
10. I like polishing silver.
11. Shoes are overrated.
Answers to Amanda’s questions:
1. What inspires you? People! All day, every day. I am drawn to those who inspire me, mentor me, and fill me with their wisdom.
2. What’s your favorite book? Oh jeez. That’s a tie in a thousand different directions. The Count of Monte Cristo. The Secret Life of Bees. The Velvet Room. And that’s only three…
3. Biggest pet peeve? People who don’t pick up after themselves.
4. Are you part of any fandoms, and to what extent do you participate? I am not… nor do I. Except for a giggle-inducing obsession with Alan Rickman. Oh. And my camp name is Spock. I suppose that makes me a one-woman fandom for Leonard Nimoy?!
5. Which fictional character would you most like to meet? Captain Katherine Janeway, USS Voyager. Or Spock. Or maybe Idgy from Fried Green Tomatoes, and then we could have a food fight!
6. When you get famous for whatever it is you’re doing, who would you most want to be interviewed by? Um. Good question. I hadn’t thought that far ahead yet…
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up? A ballerina, quickly followed by an artist. Like Georgia O’Keefe.
8. Favorite/least favorite subjects in school? Fave: anything to do with reading or science. Least fave: math.
9. Why did you start blogging? Because I wanted a creative outlet that also kept my diet interesting. And because I needed a method of being accountable to myself, and a way to measure how far I’d come in my own personal journey.
10. Which is better, the book or the movie? BOOK! Always.
11. If you had a band, what would you name it? Little Magpie and the Sprinkles.
Eleven Questions for my nominees:
1. Favorite workout?
2. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? Yes. You read that right: if money and time and experience were no object, what would you do?
4. Favorite type of amusement park ride?
5. Most hilarious elementary school memory?
6. Your favorite food to eat in college… or now. But you have to pick only one! Muahaha.
7. If you could time travel and attend any historical event ever, what would it be?
8. What motivated you to start blogging?
9. You have a totally unscheduled, obligation-free day ahead of you. What do you do with it?
10. If you had to pick one cause to champion for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would it be, and why?
My nominees (some of you have more than 200 followers. Whatevs, I like you!)
Venice+Cusco *Vanessa I’m nominating you on the condition that you blog more, foo!
…annnnd sorry I’m lame but I only have 6, not 11 nominees… I’ve used up all my (at the moment, somewhat limited due to under-the-weatherness) brainpower, so that’s all I got.
I love blogging. They do too! Check them out for some awesome reading :)